Shifting out of Park
This vehicle is equipped with an electronic shift lock release system.
The shift lock release is designed to:
- Prevent ignition key removal unless the shift lever is in P (Park) with the shift lever button fully released, for vehicles with key access.
- Prevent movement of the shift lever out of P (Park), unless the ignition is in ON/RUN or ACC/ACCESSORY and the brake pedal is applied.
The shift lock release is always functional except in the case of an uncharged or low voltage (less than 9 volt) battery.
If the vehicle has an uncharged battery or a battery with low voltage, try charging or jump starting the battery. See Jump Starting for more information.
To shift out of P (Park):
1. Apply the brake pedal.
2. Release the parking brake.
See Parking Brake (Electric) or Parking Brake (Manual).
3. Press the shift lever button.
4. Move the shift lever.
If unable to shift out of P (Park):
1. Fully release the shift lever button.
2. While holding down the brake pedal, press the shift lever button again.
3. Move the shift lever.
If the shift lever will not move from P (Park), consult your dealer or a professional towing service.
OnStar Personal Identification
A PIN is needed to access some of the OnStar services, like Remote Door Unlock and Stolen Vehicle Assistance. You will be prompted to change the PIN the first time when speaking with an Advi ...
WARNING With head restraints that are not installed and adjusted properly, there is a greater chance that occupants will suffer a neck/spinal injury in a crash. Do not drive until the head restrai ...
Clearing the System
Unless information is deleted out of the in-vehicle Bluetooth system, it will be retained indefinitely. This includes all saved name tags in the phone book and phone pairing information. For ...