Hydraulic Power Steering
Your vehicle has hydraulic power steering. It may require maintenance. See Power Steering Fluid.
If power steering assist is lost due to a system malfunction, the vehicle can be steered, but may require increased effort.
See your dealer if there is a problem.
- Take curves at a reasonable speed.
- Reduce speed before entering a curve.
- Maintain a reasonable steady speed through the curve.
- Wait until the vehicle is out of the curve before accelerating gently into the straightaway.
Steering in Emergencies
- There are some situations when steering around a problem may be more
effective than braking.
- Holding both sides of the steering wheel allows you to turn 180 degrees without removing a hand.
- The Antilock Brake System (ABS) allows steering while braking.
Starting the Vehicle
1. Aim the RKE transmitter at the vehicle. 2. Press and release . 3. Immediately after completing Step 2, press and hold until the turn signal lamps flash. When the vehicle starts, the parking la ...
Tires should be rotated every 12 000 km (7,500 mi). See Maintenance Schedule . Tires are rotated to achieve a uniform wear for all tires. The first rotation is the most important. Any time ...
Shoulder Belt Height Adjuster
The vehicle has a shoulder belt height adjuster for the driver and right front passenger seating positions. Adjust the height so that the shoulder portion of the belt is on the shoulder and not f ...