Programming the Universal Remote System
For questions or help programming the Universal Remote system, call 1-800-355-3515 or go to www.homelink.com.
Programming a garage door opener involves time-sensitive actions, so read the entire procedure before starting. Otherwise, the device will time out and the procedure will have to be repeated.
To program up to three devices:
1. Hold the end of the hand-held transmitter about 3 to 8 cm (1 to 3 in) away from the Universal Remote system buttons while keeping the indicator light in view.
The hand-held transmitter was supplied by the manufacturer of the garage door opener receiver (motor-head unit).
2. At the same time, press and hold both the hand-held transmitter button and one of the three Universal Remote system buttons to be used to operate the garage door. Do not release the Universal Remote system button or the hand-held transmitter button until the indicator light changes from a slowly to a rapidly flashing light.
You now may release both buttons.
Some entry gates and garage door openers may require substitution of Step 2 with the procedure noted in “Gate Operator and Canadian Programming” later in this section.
3. Press and hold for five seconds the newly trained Universal Remote system button (the button selected in Step 2) while observing the indicator light and garage door activation.
- If the indicator light stays on continuously or the garage door starts to move when the Universal Remote system button is pressed and released, then the programming is complete.
There is no need to continue programming Steps 4–6.
- If the Universal Remote system indicator light blinks rapidly for two seconds, then turns to a constant light and the garage door does not move, continue with programming Steps 4–6.
It may be helpful to have another person assist with the remaining Steps 4–6.
" width=409 height=236 id="_x0000_i1350" src="images/books/1183/3/index.90.gif" border=0>
“Learn” or “Smart” Button
4. After Steps 1–3 have been completed, locate the “Learn” or “Smart” button inside the garage on the garage door opener receiver (motor-head unit). The name and color of the button may vary by manufacturer.
5. Firmly press and release the “Learn” or “Smart” button. After pressing this button, you will have 30 seconds to complete Step 6.
6. Immediately return to the vehicle. Firmly press and hold for two seconds the Universal Remote system button, selected in Step 2 to control the garage door, and then release it. If the garage door does not move or the lamp on the garage door opener receiver (motor-head unit) does not flash, press and hold the same button a second time for two seconds, then release it. Again, if the door does not move or the garage door lamp does not flash, press and hold the same button a third time for two seconds, then release.
The Universal Remote system should now activate the garage door.
To program the remaining two Universal Remote system buttons, begin with Step 1 of “Programming the Universal Remote System.”
Listing All Paired and Connected
1. Press and hold for two seconds. For vehicles with a navigation system say “Hands Free” after the tone. 2. Say “Bluetooth.” 3. Say “List.” ...
Driver Information Center (DIC) The DIC displays information about the vehicle. It also displays warning messages if a system problem is detected. See Vehicle Messages for more information. All m ...
Power Lumbar If available, press and hold the front or rear of the control to increase or decrease lumbar support. Release the control when the seatback reaches the desired level of lumbar su ...